Page 8 of 39 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast
Results 71 to 80 of 389

Thread: Your stuff?

  1. #71
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Alex,

    It's nothing. You
    are a GREAT player
    and inspiration for
    me. I owe YOU!

    Guys, I'm working
    on another hot 'Eddie'
    arrangement, from the
    'Ritmo Caliente' that
    I know you will dig.

    It's been really
    neat to work on. I
    will get a take of
    it out tomorrow
    for you.

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 17, 2003 10:33 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  2. #72
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I went onto another Eddie arrangement.
    I like this one too. It's a little different
    because it's looser and then the horns,
    towards the end, are a challenge to kick.

    I have a couple of ideas. Here's one
    take from today. I have more to do on
    it, for sure. See what you think.

    www.thediametrixletter.com/billie1.mp3

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 19, 2003 03:52 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  3. #73
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Another "Billie" alternative:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/billie2.mp3

    I started a new one:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/leapfrog1.mp3

    You can hear that the mix includes
    drums and perhaps, I might need to
    come up on the next attempt.

    I think tunes like this stimulate
    you and get you "setting up" for
    many different types of accents.

    That's a good thing.

    Alternate:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/leapfrog2.mp3

    I did another alternate today:

    www.thediametrixletter.com/leapfrog4.mp3

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 21, 2003 05:03 PM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  4. #74
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Hi. Here's an older one from a record I did with NYC guitarist Alec Berlin.

    This recording was LIVE to 2 tracks. The mix is a little dry for my taste but it was a fun session. I forgot all about this one until someone brought it to my attention recently.

    You can get the cd at :

    http://cdbaby.com/cd/alecberlin


    Obviously I was listening to
    Jack Dejohnette back then. (too much ! ) : )

    www.blakelindberg.com/mp3/fannieblues.mp3

    This next one is like a Steely Dan tune, only instrumental with some high energy solos at the end.

    It's a big file so be patient!

    www.blakelindberg.com/mp3/decisions.mp3

  5. #75
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    And what's wrong with
    listening to Jack D?!

    That's just beautiful!

    I just got through the
    last tune. That's a
    challenging piece to
    compose as a drummer,
    I think. It's got two
    different worlds in it,
    apparently intention-
    ally. Tell me about
    that more, would you,
    Blake? Great stuff!

    [img]cool.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 01:44 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  6. #76
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Nothing wrong with trying to sound like Jack. I met Jack a few times and hung out in Brazil with him shortly before that recording so I guess he was another drummer who helped me with my life. He was my biggest influence next to Gadd.
    I saw Jack do a Modern Drummer Day clinic and Vinnie was behind the curtain lying on the floor with his head peaking out looking at Jack's Feet !

    This is a recording maybe a year before at the same studio. More of a traditional sound and approach on this one.

    www.blakelindberg.com/mp3/N0_FIVE_PHESS.mp3

    I really liked playing jazz/jazz but it's a tough lifestyle and I'm going more into a "I wanna play for as many people as I can" mode now.

    In the last 2 mos I've been playing with a REALLY Kick A** rock singer and I'm having a ball !

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 09:40 PM: Message edited by: blake1 ]</font>

  7. #77
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Just great! Someone, get
    me out of this grave!

    You should say more about
    Steve in that thread. I'd
    like to hear your stories
    and how he influenced you
    more. By the way, he loves
    Jack's playing.

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 01:51 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  8. #78
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    Well, the Alec Berlin session was a real challenge because we would go between smooth jazz/Steely Dan kinda feels and then Scofield/Stern tunes and we had only a couple hours in the studio.
    I just played and didn't change my tuning or drums and just thought of it as a modern Prestige recording.
    This band never played live. I do alot of recordings like this but never play live.
    Alec wasn't into getting gigs as much as just getting his music documented. I get to do a lot of that but it's too bad because we could develop the music much more.
    It's not an easy thing to get gigs in NY. There's a million people waiting to play a $25 gig just to get some exposure. You really have to want it to get it!

  9. #79
    Inactive Member peter c's Avatar
    Join Date
    August 15th, 2003
    Posts
    1,661
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I know and there are
    more cats out there
    hustling and with real
    wears too.

    It's so different today.
    It used to be more int-
    imate, I think but I'm
    an old man talking and
    to us, it always seems
    that way, doesn't it?
    Showing my wear, now.

    We need to edge each
    other on. If we don't,
    no one will.

    [img]wink.gif[/img]

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 02:07 AM: Message edited by: peter c ]</font>

  10. #80
    Inactive Member blake1's Avatar
    Join Date
    November 1st, 2001
    Posts
    408
    Follows
    0
    Following
    0
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Tagged
    0 Thread(s)
    Quoted
    0 Post(s)

    Post

    I just posted this story about Gadd in the " A Night To Remember" post.

    <font color="#a62a2a" size="1">[ November 22, 2003 02:32 AM: Message edited by: blake1 ]</font>

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •